Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2024

WOTWW 771

Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing.


This is a digital collage created from stamped pieces over the original below.


I sorted through my scraps and made two collages, the top left is a single piece of paper, years old, stuck to an file folder. the bottom one was collaged and then covered with a piece of tissue wrapping paper.  I wasn't very happy with it and I noticed  several air pockets.  It wasn't quite dry and I added some Cosmic Shimmer metallic gilding polish, I didn't like that so added gesso and silver paint, stood thinking what next?  It wasn't dry enough for sandpaper and I remembered a stone I had found ages ago.  It is very rough, I don't know what kind of stone it is. I used the stone to distress the collage and then painted a layer of liquidtex.  Using a tape inner I drew circles with a sharpie.  Tried out a Uni Chalk pen, then toned it down with a paint pen from The Range.  The paint pen is a bit like gelatos, very soft and I left it to dry.  I thought I would add some stencilling later.


Yesterday afternoon I played with the collage on my laptop.


I am off to Bible group this morning so I will be around to catch up later.

15 comments:

Helen said...

I love the collages, and how you keep adding layers to them (I do that, too)
Happy WOYWW Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...

Loving those collage!! (Is that the correct plural? Collages just sounds silly!!). Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx #6

Neet said...

Couldn't help but notice Cindy's post and now I will just say Collage - love them and it turned out great in the end with all the work you put into it. Mind you I liked it earlier as well.
hugs, Neet 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so in love with these before and after, clever work on the computer too though I've no idea how you did the digital stuffor what program you used. Have a lovely woyww. Hugs Angela x12x.

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely collages, and interesting how you kept experimenting.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx

Annie said...

You have been busy and what lovely results.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Marit said...

... thanks for all the explanation, it's interesting to read about the process and I love the results you show. Have a great day, love from the Netherlands, Marit #15

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome collage! Thanks for sharing your process! I enjoy reading how a project gets from the cradle to the grave.

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #18

Lisa-Jane said...

I think all those layers were definitely worth it - all the little bits you see peeking out give so much texture and interest. If you don't like you haven't finished layering yet right? Have a lovely week, Lisa-Jane #10 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Lindart said...

Layers and layers, does the trick! Lovely! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #19

BJ said...

My patterned edged stencils are Dylusions (Ranger) alpha and numbers ones. Loving all your layers, super job. Hugs BJ#3

Kyla said...

ooh lovely, never tried digital versions but take my hat off to you (and Mary Anne) who obviously are really good at this
kyla

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Angela, I've just found your comment on my blog and I must apologise for not replying to you sooner. Regarding the grids, I have 2", 3", 4" and 5" squares, plus a 6" square but only one of those per A4 page. How nice that you are getting them cut for you - I find it harder to use a Stanley knife these days as I have Arthritis in my hands now. Have fun with them,
Diana xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't know Angela, giving me permission to use so many layers means I may never learn when to stop! How do you tell you're happy with it when the potential of another layer could really elevate it?!!a I liked it very much as a before, and had to look hard to see the original, but like it equally as the after! I think this is a real dilemma for my flighty mind!

Spyder said...

wow Angela, these are all great. As Julia said, how do yu know when to stop, as they all look great and then look just as great when you change them! Sorry I'm so Late! Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#16