Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2024

WOYWW 769

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 

I am continuing using up my 12 x 12 papers.

I have been making a stacked envelope journal.  I watched several tutorials which were all fairly similar in that it was about decorating the envelopes and making cards to go inside.  Then I saw one which said Stacked Envelope Journal.  


You simply choose envelopes of different sizes; ink them up; reinforce the flap fold with some tape; cover them back and front unless the envelope is particularly interesting.


The envelope flaps are stuck down and I covered them with brown tape as a second measure.


The middle is covered to hide the envelope flaps.


I made an extra piece behind the envelope layer which has a pocket
and a flap.  The inside front has a pocket too.

I hurt my back using the guillotine on the floor, so I have been having a change around to make more room on my desk.  I really wanted to be able to show you a tidy workroom, but alas not yet!


I cut my hair - my husband was not impressed, but I like it.  I was getting fed up with it so I gathered it at the base of my neck and cut it off!  It could have gone horribly wrong, but it didn't. xx














12 comments:

Christine said...

Great envelope work there, super way to use up the envelopes.
Love the new hairstyle, really looks good . . . well done . . .
Christine #15

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautifully decorated envelopes but I was a bit puzzled by you sticking the flaps down. Aren’t the envelopes used as pockets, then?
Well done with your haircut. I did my husband’s hair during lockdown and it looked like I’d shaved spaces for electrodes 🤣. At least the barber’s is open again now!
Take care and happy
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx

Helen said...

Great envelope crafting ! I think your hair looks great . I'd have made a right hash ... you should have seen me after lockdown!! It was wild in need of a cut. Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

What lovely work with the envelopes Angela. Visiting having been up to the hospital with Hubby getting additional pain relief. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

Diana Taylor said...

I love the idea of a stacked envelope journal - something else to add to my list of things to investigate - your desk is always so inspiring! I love the hair cut, beautifully done - I cut mine quite regularly but have trouble reaching the back of it with my bad shoulder.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #12

Kelly said...

Love the hair cut!
Yeah, my husband would not be impressed. I'd love to take about 4" off mine but Bob doesn't tell me no to anything (except my desire to have chickens). The one time I did cut my hair (was past my waist so I had it cut to about mid shoulder blade) he freaked. won't do that again. Mind you, they have no clue what we go through to take care of it and the older we get, the more difficult it becomes.
Love stacked envelope journals! I look forward to seeing more of yours. Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #17

BJ said...

WOW, you cut your own hair, it's brilliant. I get hubby to do the back of mine and I do the fringe. Mine is nearly down to my waist!!! Think I have lost the plot with the envelopes, are they still open as envelopes/pockets? or just sort of pages hinged by the flaps? Anyway the paper is lovely and you have made a grand job of it. I wish we had Bible group. I changed life groups last October and not really got to grips with the new one, it is more like a social thing really, oh well I keep going with You version Plans, just started Ezekiel. I have BJM/FI coming up Friday and Etched (although she doesn't seem to be much there these days) Hugs BJ#10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You are very brave to cut your own hair but it worked! I love the envelope journal, a great way to use up some stuff. I made an envelope journal years ago but in a different way to this. We've been out all day today so on catch up. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Lisa-Jane said...

How clever to cut your own hair so well! And a great journal base too with some beautiful papers on it. I look forward to seeing what you do with it next. Have a great week. Lisa-Jane #13 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Twiglet said...

Your crafty activities with envelopes looks lovely - as does your new hairdo. I have been cutting Annie's hair since lockdown 😀 x x Jo

Susan Renshaw said...

I like the envelope idea...maybe put it on my to do list!
I too was getting fed up with how long my hair was getting. I asked my daughter to cut it. She daren't although I always cut hers! In the end I resorted to making an appointment at the local hairdresser and came out feeling much better!!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #1

Lindart said...

That i a very cool envelope journal! inspired! I like your hair. My hubby is not allowed to comment on the length of my hair, as he won't grow his long for me! When I met him in his 20's he had lovely long hair...oh well! You asked about the magazine pages, I stenciled those with white paint, I didn't use a pen. But I do find that the Uni-ball Signo pens work well for me. I have a big collection of white pens, and most of them are useless! The Posca paint pen works well too. Have a great week, Lindart #19