Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2024

WOYWW 767

Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 

When I saw the free image from Gecko Galz I thought it was very dramatic.  I envisaged the pair coming out of a forest - an older Little Red Riding Hood and her companion.  I found a free forest image on Raw Pixel and did some digital work popping them into place and began thinking of the story behind the image.  Turning it into a poster for a film or a book.  


This was a pile of books made with "Stack the Deck Binding"  Kelly was interested so here is a link to a tutorial.  It is a fairly easy method and ideal if you are intending to make pockets and waterfall embellishments and the like.  I was just thinking of using up a lot of card! 

It has taken me four days to get the books ready for use.  In each of these I used 12 x 12 papers to decorate the covers and certain inside pages where the paper /card was a bit thin.  I don't make Halloween cards, but I do like to make a Halloween journal. So that's one allocated. One or two are going to be for my digital art that I enjoy doing and the rest will be for collage that I also enjoy doing.



I dyed some card Monday using the ink taken from one of the distress daubers.  I did add water to make the colour lighter.


This is for the February Faith Inspirations challenge.   I have printed this out and will be adding to the page.  The theme is God guides our steps.



Happy Valentines Day xx  I will be round to see everybody after the Bible Group.  We are starting a Lent course.  My poor husband's knee is gout and he is on medication.   Still taking painkillers at night :(










15 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It looks like I'm not the only one up late. Loving the Red Riding Hood poster, very dramatic. The handmade books look good too. Pleased I'm not the only one that spreads stuff all over the kitchen Hee! Hee! Love the Valentine's card too and sending gentle woyww hugs to you both, Angela x2x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your take on the Gecko Galz image. I have it on my desk and was thinking a dark journal page... those books are going to be very useful!
Happy Valentine's and WOYWW! Susan #9

Chana Malkah said...

Stack and Deck binding is one of my favorites, particularly when I am doing envelope minis!

Beautiful work with the Gecko Gatz image! Very unique!

Your covers are beautiful! Very nicely done!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #9

Helen said...

Loving your not-so little red riding hood poster - fabulous!! the books you've made look great too, not something I have ever done, my own book-binding. Happy WOYWW and have another creative week. helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m seriously impressed with your digital skills producing that poster, it’s fantastic! As are the pages for your various journals too, you’ve had a productive week! Sorry about your Hubby, I had gout last year, it is not funny so I sympathise with him
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Your Red Riding hood image is fantastic, Angela, and your journals are lovely.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx

Neet said...

I love the idea of how Red Riding Hood has grown into a powerful young woman, perhaps living with the wolves in the forest. That is a powerful poster.
Sorry to hear about hubby, i believe it is a very painful thing to have so my heart goes out to him.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Christine said...

Lots of journals to be filled, woo! hoo! well done.
Have a good week
Christine #15

BJ said...

Adore your February FI page, so very special, have you shared it on the FI/FB group? Loving the books and have opened up the tutorial to look at later. The February prompts I found on-line (only 28 days though so I have added Leap for 29th) They are by Julie Hage www.fillingthejars.com. Hugs BJ#5

Lindart said...

I LOVE your Red Riding Hood poster! All we need is the movie to go with it! Four journals at once! How awesome, I'm sure you'll have fun with those! Have a wonderful week, Happy ❤️ Day! Lindart #19

Annie said...

You’ve had a busy week….I’m impressed with all you’ve made. Hope hubby improves very soon.
Hugs,
Annie x #1

Twiglet said...

Oh gout sounds nasty - hoping it eased for your hubby. Your crafty activities are fab I love the photo with the steps. x x Jo

Kelly said...

Good morning, Angela.
Thank you for the link.
I hope my delayed response finds hubby's knee doing better. Gout is painful, for sure.
Creative Blessings & Hugs! ~Kelly #17

Tanis Buckton The Creative Outpost said...

Love this spin on the Gecko Galz challenge and love the idea of a poster!!! Amazing!!

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm a week late! catching up at two in the morning! really love the red riding Hood and her Wolf poster! Also loving the journal covers...I have a few now, so should start filling them up! Happy very late WOYWW!?((Lyn)) I think I was #18 last week