Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2024

WOYWW 766

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing.

Still doing a lot of sorting in my craft room.  Monday I discovered a distress ink dauber had leaked (only a bit) I had taken the sponge top off as it had disintegrated.  I have another dauber which is a very dark brown so I removed the top of that and poured a little into a container, replaced the top!  The I poured what was left of the light lavender colour into the container too.  My idea was to make the brown lighter.  Using a sponge, I dyed all my old diecut frames, a little bit darker than I would have preferred, but still pleased. 

Tuesday, the first thing I wanted to do was put the container away - simple - afraid not.  The lids were kept in a jar on the top shelf, I couldn’t see them up there, so I started searching and sorting and tidying as I went.  Nearly an hour later I was getting rather tired and decided to have a proper look 0n the top shelf - which meant taking everything off my step stool with handle!  Found the jar after I had removed what was in front🙈🙈

Once the lid was safely on. I thought I would do some scanning of a book of ephemera  so I could print some off to get more use.  My son and family came round on Sunday and I had a tidy up, the usb I needed for the scanning was nowhere to be seen.  Sound familiar?  Another bout of searching eventually found it.   Unfortunately this tale of woe is not over!  My printer printed out some dull images.



I use my old printer for scanning as my present printer scans are very light (middle image).  I have done a problem search, so I shall try again later as I have Bible group this morning - I have a lot waiting to print out:

My patchwork collage scanned 


and added to


used here as a background



used for a background  again for this cute dog.






13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry you have had so many hold ups this week Angela - hoping next week is better for you. Hope you get your printer problems sorted too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lindart said...

Wow! I LOVE the dragonfly!❤️❤️ I can commiserate with you about tidying you, I am going to have to do it soon, I am getting to the point of losing things too! I'm sure I find a few things I totally forgot I had as well!😄Have a great week, Lindart #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds familiar Angela. I sorted most of my dies yesterday that I keep in ArtBins (little boxes with handles). I was only looking for one die but realised they were all badly organised which was why I couldn't find it so I spent a few! hours taking them all out and reorganising them then labelling the boxes. Hope that will done now. Scanners don't always give you a true colour which is why I often put the design on Picasa after scanning to get the colours I want. Sending happy woyww hugs, Angela x9x

Lisa-Jane said...

Oh that steampunk piece is glorious! Hope you get your printer sorted soon. Have a great week. Lisa-Jane #11 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk/

Annie said...

What a lot of hold ups you've had this week....I hate to lose anything cos it wastes so much time searching.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Helen said...

I hate it when you turn the place upside down for stuff that's right under your nose... Your dragonfly piece is stunning. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Chana Malkah said...

Both of your projects are beautiful. The Steam Punk project is stunning! I love your collage papers. They are always nice!

If I don't spend at least 10 or fifteen minutes a day looking for lost stuff in my studio, I feel like my day was wasted! :D)

Love your projects, and cannot wait to see more of your collage papers.

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #8

Julia Dunnit said...

I thought it was just me...being easily distracted, but looking for stuff very often causes a pause for a clear up and re-location of things, so consider it a win! Couple of my sponge daubers have done that too, namely the ones I used most...I probably scrubbed too hard! Haven't looked at them for a while now, so expect the disintegration has caused evaporation as well. 🫤 my scanner always ends up a hit more pale than original, but I don't use it like yu use yours so it's never been an issue, but must be really annoying for you...wish I could just say 'aha, it's the wotsit and you just need to whatever', but I have no knowledge beyond how to make a scan!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You never know what a tidying session is going to unearth and it looks like you find some good stuff! Shame about the daubers but you obviously got around that problem. Love the dragonfly, I do like a bit of Steampunk, but no advice for the scans, sorry!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Neet said...

Sometimes I used to get fed up with scanners not showing proper colours up.
Sounds as if your memory is like mine, I do that all the time and its got worse since the fall.Nice work you are sharing, especially like the dragonfly.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

BJ said...

Oh my, lots of searching and finding and then the printer problem, what a pickle. I always have printers issues, my prints aren't ever bright, another reason not to join up on all the groups which rely on printers. Hmmmm. Hope you managed your FI page, not spotted it on the FB group yet...I'm deep in the daily February prompts in my art journal and my faith is showing through this month as it's a ME thing now. Hugs BJ#15

Tanis Buckton The Creative Outpost said...

Great job!!! love this project - you continue to inspire me.

Kelly said...

Man, Angela, I can soooo relate. A task is never simple. LOL Glad you found the tops. Check your settings on the printer. They may be in draft rather than High. Of course, High uses more ink but you might be happier with the print. Also, sometimes the paper setting makes a difference, too.

Thanks for popping by,
Creative Blessings & hugs!
~Kelly #19