Pages

Wednesday 24 January 2024

WOYWW 764

Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing.


I finished my "Snippets of the Psalms" little book.  Quite often I see my 9 year old Grandson at playtime. The other day I said hello and he asked what was I doing that day.  I told him I had started a book, but I felt it needed to be bigger and thought I might scrap it and start again.  He advised to carry on because once I had done it I could keep it as a template to help with the next one!   So I finished it and was quite pleased with it too.  He is so serious and very sweet sometimes!


I have five more papers collaged and ready to work on.


Next some Gecko Galz Challenges.  Images were free.  Steampunk Cat is the cover for a little book I made.



Gothic Crow on another page.


A Christmas card for the monthly challenge.


I had a set of small note cards which I hinged together.  The "hinges" were diecut.  the right side is a card front and the left side a back, In between the inside is white.


Since I want to do some collage pages, I thought I would sort my ephemera folders. So surrounded by boxes and folders here is where I was working most of yesterday.
I keep my ephemera in these folders as it makes it easier when we away in the caravan.  One side is the "lid" and the other is the base with a flap on three sides. The metal links have a flat side (base) and a round side.  On one of them the middle section is the wrong way round.  I noticed last year when I first used them that the pages were not fitting in very well and thought I had put them in the wrong way.  So I tried to put it right today and discovered the reason.  My husband is thinking how to fix it, I probably would have returned it had I realised, but I think it's a bit late now.

My husbands knee is improving each day and I think we will be off to see my brother on Friday.  My daughter is having a colonoscopy Thursday so the children are coming to us after school.  They are giving her a full anesthetic as "they want to have a proper look" :(

See you later x












12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad your husband is on the mend Angela and hope all goes well for your daughter. Some great ideas and projects on the go with you. I need to sort my ephemera better than I do. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well that was good advice from your grandson, wise words from someone so young! You’ve done some great projects this week, it’s always interesting to see what you’re up to. I’m glad your hubby is better and don’t envy your poor daughter, hope all goes well.
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Helen said...

Your grandson is very sensible! Hope all goes well for your daughter. Happy woyww Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your Grandson sounds like a lovely boy and very knowledgeable too. I'm loving the Snippets book, looks made with great love and care. Sending happy woyww hugs, Angela x8x

Lindart said...

What a smart boy your grandson is! Very wise suggestion! Glad your hubby is healing, and hoping everything goes well with your daughter. I hope you get your ephemera binder figured out, I think it will be a great help in the future! Have a great week, Lindart #14

Annie said...

Pleased to hear your hubbys knee is improving. Hope your daughter gets on ok. I love what you’ve been working on this week.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Twiglet said...

What a thoughtful little grandson. Such special times to treasure. Your little zig zag book is really lovely. Best wishes to your daughter-in-law hope all goes well. x x Jo

Neet said...

I hope your daughter is ok when the results are given to her, I've had a few of those and don't like them but a full anaesthetic should help.
Lovely cards, but your grandson was wise in telling yu to complete your Snippets of the Psalms book - it is truly delightful.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

BJ said...

Adore your Psalms snippets book, have you done the back as well? Your grandson is very wise. Wow that is a lot of ephemera. I just caved and got some stuff from Temu. Hope you get the folder sorted. I'm not actually doing scripture52 weekly this year, I just really liked the clocks and having set up PayPal for the first time, I was actually trying it out with a minimum order to get a bonus for being recommended by someone (hubby). Prayers for your daughter, hope it went OK. Hugs BJ#10

Tanis Buckton The Creative Outpost said...

These projects continue to inspire me - great job!!!

Carole J said...

Gosh, you have been busy, Angela! Thank you for joining the Gecko Galz Steampunk, Gothic and Christmas image challenges. x

Julia said...

These projects are wonderful.
Thanks for joining the Gecko Galz January 'Christmas Image' challenge
Julia