Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2024

WOYWW 797

Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Sarah's Craftshed and have a look to see what everyone has been doing.  


My crafting (caravan) table yesterday.  I was in the middle of making two journals, but my husband wanted me to start this project.  The deer was from a decoupage kit my daughter bought me last Christmas.  I have covered it with texture paste and the next stage is painting.


The original method was to create pages as you went along, I really didn't like that method.  Then I tried again using larger pieces of paper,  that was fine, but I thought I'd try making one long piece and then folding it up.  There are three thin layers, plus a layer of gesso.  This was a much quicker method, but as always, the folding caused me problems.  I didn't take a scoring board which would have helped, but I am just not good at keeping everything straight without some refolding!

We now have visitors so all crafting on hold for a week.  Hoping I can get round to everyone still x.






13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The decoupage deer looks fun, you’ll have to show us when it’s finished! Have a good time with your visitors 🥰
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Souynds like you're out and about again, thoughtn you were at home now but don't blame you if you're on the road agin. Enjoy the time with your visitors. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Lisca said...

Are you on holiday? Or do you live in a caravan? Anyway, I like that deer and can't wait to see it all decoupaged.
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Loving the look of your decoupage deer you could embellish it to compliment the seasons and it would look wonderful at Christmas too.Enjoy your visitors. Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

Helen said...

the decoupage kit looks lots of fun, hope you get to it when your visitors leave. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...

Nice to see you getting some crafting in while you are caravanning. The deer will look great when it's done. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Susan Renshaw said...

Looking forward to seeing the deer when it's done!
Good luck with the journals. I am just trying to get a Halloween one made!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Looking forward to seeing how the deer turns out Angela. Enjoy the time with your visitors. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Sorry Angela, I got my words mixed up there. Should have read textured deer x

BJ said...

Honestly don't know how you craft on the go, so great to see it all going on. The deer's head is a big project! Hope the journals turn out OK. Hugs BJ#6

Neet said...

Where are you now? Sounds like you are on your travels. Just wondering how big that stag head is, it looks rather large and i am thinking how much room it must take in your mobile home.
Look forward to seeing it finished and hearing where you are in your travels. Stay happy, safe and well Angela.
Hugs, Neet xx 1

Lisca said...

Hi Angela, It's me again, Lisca(10). Thank you for commenting on my blogpost. But I have a feeling you have been commenting on my Postcard blog , as you mention food, and not my WOYWW post. Here is the correct link:
https://scrappingcavewoman.blogspot.com/2024/09/woyww-wednesday-11-september-2024.html
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm so sorry I missed commenting on your post! It came up in my history when my browser shut down. Looking forward to seeing how yout deer evolves and I'm resisting the temptation to make any awful puns... Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #13 or 10!