Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2024

WOYWW 796

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Sarah's Craftshed and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 

In the awning of the caravan once more, this time looking after my MIL, not that there is a lot of looking after involved as she is very independent.  We took her to the hospital last Friday to have a lump removed from her face, the doctors today and a hearing check up tomorrow, Friday doctors again to get her wound checked.

I have been doing some crafting.  Over the weekend I decorated a zine, a challenge for The Ugly Art site.





Monday I started making a journal,  I brought some papers with me to use up.  I quite like working in the concertina type journals, I have developed an easier (for me) way of making them.

Short and sweet this week. x




11 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Your journal and zine look lovely. Enjoy your caravanning.
Tak care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I really love the sentiments on your zine page, I shall remember those! I’m glad your MiL is ok enough not to require lots of help, long may that continue. I loved Oliver Postgate’s voice too, the sound of my childhood, the Clangers were a real favourite of mine. Re Christine, I haven’t heard from her or anything about her for ages, I will check.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Neet said...

Hope your MIL recovers well and enjoys her trip with you.
Lovely pages produced Angela - I take it the work has not to be ugly!!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

BJ said...

Love your journal pages, my favourite colours. Hope all goes well with your MIL. Hugs BJ#9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Angela, gorgeous colours today. Hope everything goes well for your MIL. The question you asked about the resin. As long as you mix it correctly it's not a problem. You can get bubbles but there are ways to stop that. I've done this in an old plastic sweet tub and it's still come out easily and cleanly though I normally use moulds designed especially for resin which are flexible so even easier to remove the resin. There are different types of resin and some set really quickly but you have to take care with it as the working time can be as little as five minutes and it gets very hot so you wouldn't do a deep pour like this. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Helen said...

I agree with the others, great colours and fabulous sentiments. Enjoy your time at the caravan and happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lisa-Jane said...

Definitely agree with those sentiments and the pages themselves are awesome too. Enjoy those moments with your MIL and I hope she's okay after all her appointments. Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #11 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk

Sarah Brennan said...

The zine and journal are looking great Angela. Hope all your MIL's appointments go well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah

Lindart said...

I like the purpley colours you used in your journal pages, I like the one with the bird best. How nice of you to look after your MIL so well! Do share your easier way to make concertina journals! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Lindart said...

Yes Dobbie is in the photo of the creatures, I think that's why I took that photo!

Kyla said...

ooh some good makes, hope your MIL is ok. I agree, concentina journals can be easier to work in. Running late for my replies this week, hope you had a good week