Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2024

WOYWW 774

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing.

Last Wednesday we had a huge shock when Dolly was attacked on the morning walk. The path runs along a field and there are two dogs from the property that regularly run up to the fence and bark at passing dogs.  Dolly barked back, being a brave Chihuahua, and the dog put his head through and dragged her back.  A week later she is on her way to normal. Her back wound is getting better and she is playing with the others.  Thank you all for your kind wishes to her.

I took approximately half the backgrounds that I had been working on with me.   The first collages I did I limited myself to one folder, which has a lot old bits and pieces.   I bought several die cut books from the Works, which I wanted to use up.  They were intended to make a set of cards, I bought them to use the pieces for collage.  So using those and some 6 x 6 paper I have been creating backgrounds that only need focal points to finish them off - well that's the plan.



                                               The die cuts



There were 4 of each in the diecuts so there is bound to be some similarity.  Wishing you all a great week.







11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Trying to get back into a routine. Thanks for all the love and support. Great desk today. Sarah #11

Helen said...

Good to see bits being put to good use . Glad Dolly is recovering. Happy woyww Helen #1

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad Dolly is getting better. Good to see your oddments being used so productively.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Sorry to hear about Dolly....even dogs are losing it !! Some great paper pieces you care preparing. Enjoy a great week

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's a relief that Dolly is getting better, poor girl. I wonder if the people who own the dogs realise how dangerous they are. As much as dogs might bark at each other they don't normally grab hold like that and could do the same to a small child which is a bit worrying. Anyway, I hope you've had a good week despite that. You certainly look as though you've kept yourself busy. Happy woyww, Angela x7x

Twiglet said...

Oh my goodness how scary for you and Dolly. I hope she gets better soon. You have lovely projects in the go. x x Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my, how very shocking for you and for poor Dolly, must have been awful. I'm so relieved that she's recovering and playing with others again, what resilience. You on the other hand, will probably be forever a bit nervous now. Shame. Like the way you're using up the stuff from the works, I have a very similar pad which my Ma In Law bought for me..the papers are just soooo thin! I shall follow your lead and do a few at a time.

Chana Malkah said...

I am glad that Dolly is recovering! That had to be traumatic for you both!

Your collages are awesome! You have a wonderful eye for composition!
_______

I started leaving reviews initially because I knew it helped small businesses and also because I wanted to give genuine feedback. As a small business owner myself, I understood that word-of-mouth is still the best advertising. My reviews began getting a lot of likes and people found them helpful. One day I got an email from Amazon inviting me to join the Vine Program.

I still think it is the best way to give honest reviews. We are not influencers and we are not working for commissions. Amazon does not edit or change our reviews and we are not allowed to communicate with the companies. Our role is to provide honest consumer reviews of new products! I bet your honest reviews would be appreciated.:D)

Have a fabulous week, Angela!

Have a marvelous week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #3

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Angela, thanks for your visit. The reasone for the 'seagull' name is because when you flip it it looks a bit like birdwings. Faitly tenuous I must admit!! Glad to hear Dolly is getting over that nastiness, I hope she is back to normal very soon. As you may ave gatered I am obsessed with using things up so your projects tis week really appeal to me! Hope you get lots done. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #8

BJ said...

Loving your layered blocks, they are gorgeous. I used Dylusions Spray inks for the ribbon dying but I have alcohol inks which I out to try too. The BB Facebook group is a great source of info like this as I thought I didn't have any inks at first. I believe the BB course is available till 6th April. The videos aren't that long and you could watch, take notes and do later. Hugs BJ#13

BJ said...

So glad you managed to get a glimpse of BB's freebie videos. If we just take one or two bits away from these we have gained something. For me the dying was a breakthrough moment, also loved the clusters and stitching. Just a shame my carpal tunnel has returned in my left hand as even that makes sewing difficult despite being right handed. I'm persevering though. Watched someone else's video today for my backgrounds then added clusters with stitching and some of my dyed fabric. I even used my Dylusions ink sprays with a dropper instead, go me. Hugs BJ