Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2023

WOYWW 756

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 


I have done a second triple piece with inspiration from Faith Inspirations and for the second time I used a different Bible verse.  I had been thinking about the verse/hymn "The Word is a Lamp unto my feet" was looking for a candle or lantern on the Raw Pixel site.  I saw both the candle and the lantern and downloaded them both.

I mentioned I watched a tutorial on simple watercolour flowers last week.  I said it was either the artist (me) or the materials to account for the fact I couldn't get it quite right.  Several of you gave me tips, but it turns out it was the artist😂😂

This little tutorial was on a loop - and that is my excuse for not paying attention.  I failed to notice that the dots were much smaller than those in my first flowers and the technique works quite well with tiny dots.  I agree with everyone about using a good quality paper.  I included a screenshot just to show you (top middle).

See you later x




13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Fabulous flowers Angela. Love the journaling too - perfect images for the verse. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

Great flowers, Angela! and journalling. Happy WOYWW, just dashing off to work.... Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you're getting the hang of the flowers. I'm sure it's Marta Lapkowska that does that and her flowers are beautiful. loving your bible pages too. Happy woyww, Angela x9x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I think your watercolour flowers are lovely - they don't need to look exactly like the tutorial. I've been experimenting with watercolours too - they're difficult to control, so I just tend to let them do what they want - they have a mind of their own LOL! Happy WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #7

Christine said...

As I tell my Grandson . . . you don't have the qualifications to be a judge! Enjoy doing what you do and let others pass their opinions if they must.
I think those flowers are beautiful, so very pretty and well done you for sticking with it so, in your opinion, they are getting better
have a good week
Christine #13

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I admire your tenacity w8th the flowers, ands these new blooms are just lovely, well done! I particularly like the candle image you found, great job with the pages, s usual, you've been very busy!

Annie said...

I'd say there's no right/wrong...it's just your version :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Twiglet said...

Yes I was going to say. . .there is no right way - just your way. You have made a lovely job - very pretty.x x Jo

Lindart said...

I think the flowers are great! Nothing wrong with those! I like the little flip page in your journal! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #16

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful flowers Angela, I particularly like the purple ones.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Neet said...

Your work has come on leaps and bounds. Did the paper help then? Lovely to see the flowers this week, I hope you continue with them as I do believe it is repetition that helps.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

BJ said...

Oh did I laugh at your comment, was pondering a nap myself and your comment fixed my dilemma, had a lovely snooze this afternoon. Love your Faith Inspirations pieces. I've been doing some watercolouring myself this evening. Hugs BJ#12

Kyla said...

thanks for visiting my desk already, running a bit late this week but wow, those flowers you have painted are really good (fussy cut out too?)
kyla