Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2023

WOYWW 754

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to Julia's Stamping Ground and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 

I signed up for Faith Inspirations when the Armour of God conference was on.  November was the first month in my subscription.  I downloaded the free images and watched the video.  I liked what Tracie did so much I thought I am just going to copy it.  The first task was to print the downloads.  I loved the backing paper. There was just one leaf that seemed out of place because of its colour.  So I changed it, then I saw another leaf that I thought needed to go, so I digitally removed it and and sent to print.


With the top layer, Tracie used clear sticker paper, I didn’t have any so I digitally placed the layer on top and filled in two curvy stripes, before printing.  That left the middle layer to be done, but the backs of the layers were left blank.  So I designed a heart with the Bible verse on and a background to match the blue.  I misjudged the size so my heart got chopped a bit and I did a painted back for the middle page.  So what with one change and another, not a complete copy 🤣🤣🤣.  I told my daughter and she laughed  and said I never followed anything (I am not sure it was a compliment!)🤣🤣.

I loved doing the different layers.


I am also doing a "Write a scripture everyday" challenge.  I rather liked one of the books with different colours to write the verses on so I decided to use a blank sketch book.  I have a load of Hunkydory brush pens that I want to use up.  the one on the left was made by using the pens on glass and then picking up the colour with a wet brush. The other two I wet the paper lightly, used the pens then used a brush and water.  This method was less fiddly and faster.

That's all from me, have a great week everyone.





14 comments:

Helen said...

I think it's great that you took the original idea and tweaked it with your own inspiration! Happy crafting. Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Great tweaking of the project Angela. Have fun with the rest of the course. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like a fun course and I look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lynnecrafts said...

Great project tweaking, Angela.
Tak care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the course and I don't think it's ever possible to completely copy something and that's half the fun. Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #12

Annie said...

I'm sure there's no right or wrong...it's just your version and It's lovely. I watch the Repair shop ....they are so talented and I love what they do.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

BJ said...

I was so tempted to sign up for the Faith Inspirations too but didn't in the end. The curvy line is SO effective and love what you have done for the November issue. Guessing I could do something similar anyways. Love how you "play" digitally, I'm a total novice there. Oh writing a scripture daily sounds great, love the colour swatches for this. I'm having a Bible daily reading break, seemed to have dropped my You Version streak which has the opposite affect on me and I get really annoyed and stop altogether! I have even stopped doing my daily Hebrew on Duolingo, just shy of 2 years. I've not signed up for another reading programme either, think I need to regroup somewhat. Hugs BJ#13

Julia Dunnit said...

Fascinating difference i the way the HD pens behave between glass and brush and straight to damp paper...the scriptures will look lovely written on such panels, great idea. Also love the way you casually write about using digital skills to alter, add, change...way out of my comfort zone, and the result is great. I love that your daughter thinks you have to change everything..compliment or not, some times, and especially when we're crafting, it is a necessary isn't it, I mean, no point using something that you don't like!

Neet said...

Sorry I am so late, had one of those days yesterday where i achieved nothing.
I love how you have put your own slant on some of the pages, you obviously know your way around that program on the computer. I will get the photo to you that you offered to alter last week but just haven't done anything but be immersed in Christmas card making. I almost forgot to do my Thursday blog and ended up doing it at ten last night.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It made me laugh hat your daughter queried if you follow rules at all! As an inveterate rule bender, I think you achieved wonderful things without sticking exactly to the brief, lol! The colour swatches are so interesting, what a difference with the techniques.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Lindart said...

Its always good to tweak things to suit your own style and needs, good for you! It looks great, nice and Autumn-y! Your scripture pages look lovely as well, I do like the more vibrant page on the right the best. Have a great week, thanks for your visit! Lindart #18

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I love your tweaking. Ali x. #16

Spyder said...

well done at getting what you wanted out of your freebie downloads, really clever 'tweaking' Hope you have a great week, Sorry I'm sooo late. Just can't get my mojo working!! Happy Yery late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#20

Kyla said...

ooh I would have NO idea how to digitally remove/add things on an image so am impressed, also love your idea of how to present the scripture a day challenge.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla