Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2024

WOYWW 784

 Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, a day when we link up to  Sarah's and have a look to see what everyone has been doing. 

I have been enjoying doing my ICAD cards.  I am still concentrating on using up stuff I have had for years.  These four have flowers from an age old kit and some Hunkydory butterflies, 6 x 6 papers and washi tape. The top right has a pocket.


The top left is blurry for some reason, so I put it below.


This next group uses up various pieces.  I started off with the idea of doing a bokeh background.  I had bought what I thought were paint pens, they were actually Uni chalk markers , 3 rather bright colours, red, yellow and blue.  I used a circle stencil and did two layers, yellow followed by red.  They really needed toning down so I used gesso.  Although I waited till the paint was dry it still smudged when I used the gesso.  I used a baby wipe to take some off and bring the colour back.  I found several pictures that had the right colours to go with backgrounds and complete the cards.



Sorry about the poor quality of the photographs.

We are off to Alkborough today, I shall be sitting in the back watching a Harry Potter film!    The weather continues to be cold, windy and rainy, a little bit more sunshine would be nice, but hey ho!



9 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

It's interesting Angela to see the oath creativity takes, one thing doesn't quite work out si we try another! And it's all good in the end. Happy WOYWW.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely ICADS, Angela. I like the idea of painting through a circle stencil. I’ll see how such painting goes for me today when I’m painting through a koi carp stencil.
Enjoy your Harry Potter.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Neet said...

It's a good idea to use up old stuff to make art in some way or another and your icads are looking very nice and keeping you happy whilst making them no doubt.
Such a shame about the weather, `I thought this was supposed to be 'flaming' June!
Enjoy curling up with your Harry Potter film.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful ICADS, so pretty with those butterflies and so much detail. Great background idea too! Enjoy your film. happy woyww! Michelle #14

Lisa-Jane said...

Your bokey backgrounds have turned out great! They have that wonderful slightly opaque but distressed look that I love. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

Helen said...

I really must start using up paper flowers I have tubs and tubs of them...great ICADS Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Angela, I so love the Bokeh technique. I normally use acrylic paint or distress oxides for this. Loving the ICADs it's a great way to use up all those papers that we seam to collect....and don't we juat Lol! The weather today is a bit strange as it's normally very warm at this time of the year when the children are sitting their exams but this weather will be much better for them. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the ICADs Angela and good to use up older supplies too. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOWYW. Sarah

BJ said...

Super ICADs, love how you are using up stuff and love the pocket one with all its contents, adore butterflies although rather taken by the cup one too. Hugs BJ#1