Welcome to Crafting With Jack and What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Linking up at Sarah’s CraftShed.
People handle grief in different ways, my husband found the loss of Red very hard. Annie, is Red’s mother and follows him everywhere, she finds me a poor substitute! Annie is two years older and my husband feels losing Annie would be much worse for him. So he has decided to look for another dog. It’s too soon for me, but hopefully it will be a few months further on.
We are still in the months of free art sessions. Most are not appealing to me for one reason or another, but this one did:
My first go with Gouache. I spent a while practicing the leaves before deciding to do it my way. Obviously more practice required and she did mention finding the “right” paint brush for leaves.
I have been carrying on with my Scripture book.




11 comments:
I love your artwork this week. You will know when you you feel the need to replace your furry friend. Just see how you feel.
Hugs,
Annie x #6
Your fly agaric painting is beautiful. I like the subtle leaves. So sorry about losing one of your dogs, it’s very hard.
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx
I’m so sorry about losing your dog, they leave such a hole. You’ll know when the time is right to get another. Your toadstool painting is great fun and I like your leaves, they’re not dominating.
Hugs LLJ 3 xx
That's such a pretty Fly Agaric, love it. I must say I'm a bit like your hubby when I lose a dog I generally get another fairly quickly even though I have loved every dog I've ever had having a new family memember just makes the pain a bit less. Sending hugs and wishes for a happy woyww, Angela x10x
Fabulous painting,and the scripture pages, too. take care and look out for each other. Helen #1
It is so difficult when you loose a pet, as they are most certainly part of the family. Your mushroom gouache painting is beautiful. I really like your bold use of colors. Glad to see you're still faithfully working on your Scripture book. Happy WOYWW!
Happy weekend after WOYWW!
Losing a pet is hard - when the right dog comes along you will know. Hopefully it'll be when you BOTH know. I'm with you on the free art classes - sometimes they just are worth only what you paid for them :D
Mary Anne (5)
Loving that gouache toadstool Angela. I hope when the time comes that you will find the right dog. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah
Love your mushroom and especially the circle of light round it. Great scripture book pages too. I keep forgetting my daily scripture writing, I've given up listening to the guided scripture/prayer sections on You Version as it got a bit much. In the end I seem to have given up more. Maybe it's because I've just ground to a halt again with the increased heat so whacked the air-con on 24/7 we might have a respite tomorrow but another heatwave starts Tuesday and no rain for over a month now either. Did do a little art journaling yesterday after I'd got the air-con on but then sliced my finger cleaning my scissors. Hugs Bj#7
Hello Angela, I'm running very late this week. Your fly agaric is fabulous. It's never easy losing a beloved pet. They are all irreplaceable. I hope you will find another to love when the time is right. Hugs, Elizabeth #14
I am running late with my ICADS - having this virtual retreat for the last 5 days has meant I haven't done anything else.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #9
Post a Comment