Pages

Tuesday, 14 July 2026

WOYWW 893

 My husband and I have had a tough couple of weeks. One of our three dogs died, possibly stroke, it was incredibly quick.  We are on holiday, the nearest emergency vet was over an hour away and it was obvious she wouldn’t make it to the vets.  The owner of the caravan site let us bury her in an area of his land where the family pets were and his grandmother’s ashes scattered.  It was a very peaceful place and we were grateful for his kindness.

I spent today with my niece in her craft room making a jellyfish lamp.


As always, lovely to spend time with her.  More to look forward to tomorrow.


I also have been creating a book of verses from the Gospel of John.




  

8 comments:

ukmaryanne said...

Happy slightly cooler WOYWW!
Oh I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sudden loss like that is hardest on those left behind, but a mercy for those who've gone, pet or person. It really was kind of the caravan owner to let you do that. Glad you got to spend time with your niece - that surely lifted your spirits at least a bit. Hugs to you - it's so hard when our furry friends have to leave us.
Mary Anne (5)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Angela, I’m so sorry about your dog dying so unexpectedly, what a shock for you but how incredibly kind of the site owner to let you have the space. Big hugs to you lovely gal, they leave such a hole and I bet the other two are feeling the loss as well.
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss they mean so much to us. I have to say though that I love the lamp it's very clever. Wishing you a very happy woyww with hugs Angela x8x

Helen said...

how very sad, Angela! but how kind of the site owner. The jellyfish lamp is fabulous! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog dying so suddenly while you were away. The owner of the caravan site sounds a very kind person. The jellyfish lamp is wonderful. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #12

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your dog passing away. Pets are truly a part of our families, with all the unconditional love they give us. It's not scriptural, but I truly believe that all dogs go to Heaven too, as part of God's creation. That jellyfish lamp is gorgeous, and so are your Gospel of John pages you created. Happy WOYWW!

BJ said...

Aw Angela, sorry to hear of your dog but so kind of the site owner for the burial. WOW the lamp is amazing such precious time with your niece. Great Bible Study notes with embellishments. Glad you've had trees to shelter under lately, I'm still struggling with the afternoon/evening temperatures was up at 5.45am today and out for a walk by 7.21am! Hugs Bj#2

Sarah Brennan said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of one of your fur babies Angela. Making quick visits at Mum's. On antibiotics for my tooth so in a bit of pain. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah