Wednesday, 24 January 2018
I have been busy making what could be called business cards. I wanted to have some cards ready with my name, email and blog address as I sometimes get asked about my art by people I meet when we are away and often I am searching for a scrap of paper to write down my email. I started by sticking down the top layer of different napkins/serviettes. I used A4 card for these two.
Finally a coat of Mod Podge to seal. I would prefer not to use gloss, but I bought 1 litre of gloss by mistake so I need to use it up before I buy any more!
When dry I cut the card up into pieces 2 x 3 inches, I also ended up with some slightly smaller pieces left over. I used more napkin/serviette images to decorate together with a printed word or phrase.
Then I used some chalky acrylic paint with a sponge
I used torn up book pages from an old book that was falling apart for the backs, adding some paint and inking the edges, before adding my email and blog address. Again using the Mod Podge to seal.
These four I was going to stamp some nautical images on, but discovered my Stazon ink pad was dry :(
This is the front and back of my next set. I decided to do the back before I cut up the card this time.
One final card - I think I might make several of these :)
Till next time, take care x