Followers

Friday, 30 December 2016

Free on Friday 30 December 2106


Welcome to the last Free on Friday for 2016. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a very happy New Year to you xx


Edwina asked me what was Boxing Day. It originated in Britain when servants were given time off to visit their families and were given a box or parcel of goodies (food, small gifts) to take home.

It was also customary for trades people to collect Christmas boxes of presents or money on the first weekday after Christmas.

The Queen has been poorly with a bad cold over Christmas as have many people including my friend Vanessa.

On to today's freebies:






Are you making any New Year resolutions?  I bought another organizer for 2017, having not made of use of the last two I have bought, but 2017 is the year for me to become organized (possibly!)
See you soon xx





2 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is so interesting to know the origins of Boxing Day. Happy New Year. I wish you all of the blessings you have been hoping for 2017 and many more lovely surprises besides. hugs, teresa

Edwina said...

Hi Angela, Thank you for the freebies. I hope you have a very happy New Year. Edwina Brown